Last weekend Brandon and I had the opportunity to babysit for Brandon's brother Jared and his wife Jamie for the weekend. They have three kids: Cooper is 5, Ryder is 3, and Mylie will be 2 in June. I was excited that they asked us because I have been babysitting these kids pretty much since Brandon and I started dating and I love them like they are my own. It was definately a great experience and if nothing else it made me appreciate what all you mothers out there actually do every day. It also made me realize how lucky I am to be married to Brandon. He is going to be a GREAT dad! All of the kids in his family absolutely love him. They love to "wrestle" him and play with him and he is so good with all of them. Cooper, Ryder, and Mylie are no exception! The kids woke up really early on Saturday (7:00 am to be exact- I was NOT happy). I had to get up with them and get them breakfast and keep them entertained until Brandon woke up around 9:30. (The entire time they kept asking "When is Brandon going to wake up? and Mylie walked around going "Where's Brandon" in her cute little voice.) Once Brandon was up we got the kids ready and decided to take them up to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. They LOVED it. Cooper got to touch a stingray-he was so excited! (Ryder wanted nothing to do with touching anything so he pretty much just watched Cooper.) It was so much fun to see their reactions to seeing all the fish and sharks. It was pretty hectic trying to keep track of two excited boys though! After the aquarium we took them to McDonald's for lunch. That was rough. They were all pretty tired by then and so were we. Once we got home Brandon could tell I was tired and needed a break so after I put Mylie down for her nap, he took the boys four-wheeling so I could rest for awhile. He is the best! He even took them to Cabela's later that day and then they went looking for deer (Cooper LOVES to look for deer) while Mylie and I stayed home and watched Barney (she is obsessed). He really was such a big help and he was so good at keeping the kids entertained- it totally gave me a glimpse of how he will be with our kids. It's weird but being in those situations where you totally have to rely on each other made me love him even more! Even though it nearly wore us out, we were so glad to have been able to help Jared and Jamie since they have done so much for us. Plus, we love their kids! It was a very fun(and very exhausting)weekend!
Cooper getting to drive the boat

Cute boys!


The stingrays were huge!


My cute husband (look at Cooper's face-he was concentrating pretty hard!)


These were pretty much the only two pictures Ryder would let me take of him


This is Mylie's "mean face"- she makes this face and then laughs histerically so you know she isn't really mad at you. She is SO funny!
5 comments:
They are so cute! It really is hard being a mom, but totally worth it! Looks like you guys had fun too, our trip was a blast and it was actually HOT! It was so nice to be in the sun and get a little tan.
yeah holley! How fun to babysit for that long. It is hard work though! We need to come up there and come see ya!
Cute kids! I'm glad you guys made it out of such a long babysitting adventure with good feelings towards children.
Holley, are you still coming to SG for the concert???
I don't know if we are going or not. But I want to!!!
Post a Comment