A couple of weekends ago Brandon and I went ice fishing at Strawberry Resevoir. For those of you who don't know Brandon, he is obsessed with fishing no matter what the season. Luckily for me, he has an ice fishing tent so I can actually go with him and not freeze to death. Otherwise, I would never see him on Saturday's in the winter because he goes pretty much every weekend. Anyway, it was pretty cold the day we went and we were some of the first ones on the lake because we were there so early (he made me get up at 6:00 am. On a Saturday). So we had to walk quite a long way from where our truck was parked to where he wanted to fish. Just to give you a picture, there was about a foot and half of snow on the lake and there wasn't a very good trail because like I said, we were some of the first ones there. I don't know how many of you have tried to walk through knee-deep snow pulling a sled but I don't reccommend it. I seriously thought I was going to die! Needless to say, we didn't get as far out on the lake as we wanted to. Once we stopped and cleared some of the snow Brandon started trying to drill his hole in the ice with his auger. It is just a manual auger so he had to drill a hole through 15 inches of ice by hand. He had sharpened the blades the night before but once he started drilling, he realized he had sharpened them at the wrong angle so the blades weren't cutting through the ice. It ended up taking him 30 minutes to drill his hole (it usually only takes 5-10). He was pretty mad. But once he got the hole drilled and everything set up and the heater in the tent, it was great. It is actually really relaxing and with the heater, it gets super warm in the tent. I love going with him even though sometimes it's a nightmare- it is worth it to be able to just sit and spend time together. He's pretty much the funniest person I know so it's always fun to be in a tent with him all day- he keeps me entertained!
This is Brandon drilling his hole- this picture does not do justice to how deep the snow actually is.

This is our little tent


Brandon's fishing hole- it's cool (and comforting) to see how thick the ice is

Chillin in the tent

Brandon the fisherman- he loves the camera!
10 comments:
Looks cold! We need to get together sometime. We keep saying it ... but lets do it soon!
Wow, how fun! See Holl's you couldn't take a babe ice fishing! You guys are so cute together!!!
We should get together this spring and go fishing arrett is obsessed also! Is it fly fishing or just reel fishing?
Awesome post! You look cute in all that snow gear!
Hey Holley Congrats! I haven't seen you or talked to you in foreve4r. Looks like all is well with you. :)
Holley how are you? It has been way to long! Your wedding pictures are amazing! And the ice fishing looks way to cold for me! But how are you? Hopefully everything is going good!
we will definitley have to give you a call the next time we are up there! Do you ever make it down here anymore?
Halls-why didnt you help drill the hole? You two are so cute and I love you both.
holl,
new post already! comm'on I know you have to have one! I will call you next time we come up!
Hello Holley!
How are you! You and your husband are adorable! How fun to know what you're up to.
Post a Comment