Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Camping in Moab


Last weekend Brandon and I went camping in Moab with Paige and Stenson. Maddy and Boston came too as well as Stenson's brother Sterling. It was definately an adventure! We got down there late Thursday night and the weather was horrible. It was so windy and cold so we decided not to put up our tent. I ended up making a bed out of foam pads inside the truck and Brandon slept on an air mattress in the bed of the truck. It was actually really comfy and pretty warm so I was happy. The next day was a little better weather-wise so we took a four-wheeling trip. It was a lot of fun and it was gorgeous! When we got back to camp the boys took off to find us another camp spot since the wind had started to pick up. The camp site we had was just out in the open so there was no shelter from the wind. They ended up finding another site that was kind of secluded in some trees so we moved all of our stuff. This is when it gets bad. Just a little side note: we have been having problems with our four-wheeler lately. It kept over-heating so Brandon and our friend Jay had worked on it the week before our trip to get it working again. It ended up working great, it didn't over-heat once the whole day we were riding. So having said that, our back brakes were a little loose so Brandon started trying to tighten them up. It wasn't working so he unscrewed the bolt for our front brakes to try it and see if it would tighten. Well, he ended up tightening the bolts too tight and it stripped something inside and basically broke the brakes. SO, we ended up not having any brakes at all. Brandon and Stenson had to go into Moab to see if it could be fixed because the next day we were planning on going on a really hard ride (the trail we were going on was the whole reason they wanted to come to Moab). To make this long story a little shorter, they came back without the four-wheeler and the next morning Brandon and I had to go pick it up. They said it would be done at 9:00 AM... we got back to camp around 1:00 PM. Needless to say, we were not very happy. It ended up costing a bunch of money and lots of time. Brandon definately learned his lesson- he is no mechanic! Anyway, the rest of the trip was a blast- the King Creek Trail was so much fun although it was a pretty rough ride. But it was like 70 degrees and so nice to be outside in the sunshine! Despite the windy weather and brake problems, it really was a fun trip.

Brandon hiking with Boston





As you can see, it was very cold that day!!


Our second camp site


Taking a break on the King Creek Trail


Brandon in his riding atire

5 comments:

Erin said...

Other then all the problems, it looks like you guys had fun! I used to love camping until Ammon fell in the camp fire. So I think I will wait until my kids are older so I won't have to worry about that.

*/ Jillian said...

Holley,
moab is so fun if the weather is nice! We seriously need to introduce out hubbys I think they would get along good. You seem to do all the things we do! How fun.

shawfamily said...

betcha never thought you'd be so out doorsie now huh??? ha.. we do a lot of that fun stuff too.. too bad you don't live here it'd be fun to get together with you guys... Modbe does have a website www.modbeclothing.com and just click on clothing to check out the suits... or check out somebody's website.. if you find one you want i'm putting in an order tomorrow morning and I can add to it if you'd like it soon! Let me know.. have a good day.. oh ya if you get three items or more you get 10% off..not huge deal but better than nothing right:)

Shalantie said...

so i've had your blog on my link list for at least 2 months now- and every time I clicked on your link some wierd advertisement page would show up. I finally took the time to figure it all out and now your page is connected to the right link. YAY... i've missed out on a lot, but it sounds like you and Brandon are doing great! Camping sounds like a blast- except I hate that cold wind that your talking about, it's so miserable. Anyway, just thought i'de give you shout out- have a good one

bryce and paige said...

what an adventure! Looks like fun.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker