Sunday, May 11, 2008

For London

It has been one year today since Paige and Stenson lost their baby girl London. She was born on May 3rd, 2007 and she passed away on May 11, 2007. Even though she was only here for 8 days, she had such a huge impact on our family. Last night the family came over to Paige and Stenson's and we all shared our experiences and the things that London taught each of us with them. It was so amazing to hear how she affected each of us in so many ways. For me personally, I just remember watching Paige and Stenson throughout week she was born and even after she passed away and seeing their amazing faith and strength. Even though they were obviously heartbroken that they had lost their little girl, they knew that it was the Lord's will and that was all that mattered. Brandon and I only got to see her once in the hospital. I remember walking into the NICU and seeing her lying there connected to so many tubes and thinking, despite that, she was honestly the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. It hurt my heart to see her so tiny and helpless but at the same time immediatley feeling her sweet little spirit and knowing that we were in the presence of perfection. After she passed away, it was so sad but wonderful at the same time to know that she was still their little girl and that she would be forever. To have the knowledge that she was so special and perfect that she didn't need to be here on this earth and that in just eight short days, she had fulfilled her mission here. She had gained a body and she had taught not only an entire family, but anyone who heard her story about the gift of eternity. She strengthened all of our testimonies of the gospel and increased our gratitude for the knowledge that we have of the Plan of Salvation. My admiration for Paige and Stenson for their example of faith grew so much. I am so grateful to have gotten to know Paige so much more since then and to see that her faith has only increased. She is honestly one of the strongest people I know and I am so grateful that she is now my sister. I am so blessed to be apart of this eternal family and to know that London is still apart of it too and will be forever. What an amazing gift!

3 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

Isn't it amazing when you go through something like this how much it makes you greatful for what you have in the present? One of my best friends went through something similar and I always sit and relflect on the whole thing! Thanks for sharing

Erin said...

How sweet, I can't even imagine going through something like that. These little babies carry such an amazing spirit with them, I think it could be that they were just in Heaven.

Paige Freestone said...

I had no idea you wrote that. Thank you. I love that you are my sister! You have really been there for me this year and I am so grateful. Thanks for the listening ear.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker