Friday, January 16, 2009

Big Boy

I know I always say this but I really have been a slacker lately when it comes to my blog. I have pictures from Christmas and New Years that I still haven't even put on my computer so, unfortunately, this will be a pictureless post. It seems like the extreme tiredness that I felt in the first trimester has hit me again full force. I have no energy and no motivation to do anything really. Just a little pregnancy update- I am now 35 weeks pregnant! I can't believe it, it seem so surreal to me that I am only a month away from my due date. We had our 34 week ultrasound last Thursday. The boy is definately growing, that is for sure! He is measuring exactly where he should be as far as his little body is concerned and everything looked great. Weight-wise, he's a big boy! I was shocked when they told me that they are guessing he weighs about 5 lbs 6 oz. That was at 34 weeks. In the last trimester, the baby should gain an average of about a 1/2 a pound a week. So if you do the math, if I were to go completely full term, I could be having a freakin 8 1/2 pound baby! I'm just a little bit nervous about that. My doctor has been telling me for the past couple of appointments that I am measuring a little bit small so I was expecting the baby to be on the smaller side. Yeah, not so much. I'm so glad that he's healthy and growing but the thought of him being that big come delivery time is not a comforting thought! Maybe I'll have him a little early- that would be nice but I guess we'll see. It was so fun to see him though, he's gotten SO much bigger since our last ultrasound and he's definately getting chubbier. We got a pretty good picture of his cute face and got to see him smacking his little lips. I promise I'll post some pictures soon, I need to document my very very large belly! I'm hoping these next few weeks go by quickly, I'm getting so big and uncomfortable. I'm just ready for him to be here. But then I think about it and I'm not ready at all. I'm not neccessarily scared of having a baby and being a mom (although that is a pretty scary thought), but it's the labor and delivery part that scares me the most. All I can do is pray that things go relatively smoothly when the time comes I guess. Any good labor stories or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated- I'm starting to freak out a little!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my, I didn't realize you were already 35 weeks... CRAZY! Both my boys weighed about 8 lbs and I would say it's perfect. They were healthy and not as scary as a very tiny baby. I hope your labor and delivery goes well. I'm sure it will. Most deliveries are not that tramatic, but for some reason you ONLY hear about those. My deliveries were awesome, that's my favorite part of being pregnant. It really is so awesome to see your baby for the first time, it makes everything ache and pain TOTALLY worth it. So if it helps at all, I think it will go perfect. Keep me updated and I definetly want to see pictures!!!!!!

Erin said...

Sorry that was a super long comment!

Hayley said...

Don't worry, my sister just had her first baby and during the whole labor she just kept saying "it's really not that bad!" It's not as horrible as everyone seems to make it, I guess, if you have an epideral. Don't worry, just hope yours isn't over 9 lbs like my sisters!

The Harrisons said...

Good luck with everything! It is definatly not as bad as you think it's going to be, It is the best thing in the world to have your little baby here!!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS on surviving this far into Pregnancy!! You're almost there!! haha Seriously DON'T worry about labor - it's such an exciting time and you literally can't put any words into defining the experience besides, it's Beautiful. Our first baby was born all natural (not by choice HAHA) but honestly your body just takes over and gives you this sense of "numb." It REALLY was not 1/2 as bad as some proclaim. Our second baby I had to be induced so I went ahead with the epidural and we were literally all just cracking jokes and talking away then the Dr. would pause and say you're having a contraction, push. That was it. HA The only "pain" I felt was getting the epidural which was NOTHING compared to what I thought it would be!! Ever had a flu shot?? They're MUCH worse!! haha Anyways, hope I helped the tiniest bit. =) You'll be Wonderful!! ps. our lil' girl was 7 lb 13 1/2 oz 20 3/4 inches long and our lil' boy was 8 lbs 7 oz. 21 inches long and they were perfect!! =)

bryce and paige said...

Holley, I totally know how you feel! I'm kind of getting freaked out too cause I'm getting so close. I just have to say that it is really not a big deal to deliver the baby. I went to the hospital at my first contractions and they gave me an epidural 1/2 hour later and I just fell asleep for a few hours and then they woke me up and told me to start pushing. I couldn't feel a thing and I was laughing while I was pushing, it was awesome. 2 pushes and Lucy was here! Easy! Hope it goes that easy for the next one. You'll be great!

Bendrea said...

Holls my little beautiful prego.....just try to put my delivery story out of your head....FOREVER!!! I am doing the same. Mine was a rare case and my child was massive, but it should give you encouragement to know that honestly you can handle a heck of a lot more than you think you can!! You know how my weak little heart is...I thought I would barely make it through even if my epidural had worked!! But I surprised the you know what out of myself...and I know you will do the same. And once you get that little baby in your arms you honestly forget everything you just went through to get them here! I swear. Trust me!! I love you!! I love you!! I love you!!

Micah-n-Holly said...

Holley,
So glad that you did another post! I have been wondering how things are going for you! These last 4 weeks will be great! Enjoy every minute with your sweet husband and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! We had a c-section and I had horrible visions in my head of how everything would unfold, and the best part about it was that it was NOTHING like I had imagined. Plus, once you see that sweet little baby all the pain and scaredness vanishes and your heart is going to fill up with so much love that you will barely be able to stand it! Good Luck and we can't wait to hear the good news of your little boy's safe arrival and your triumphant delivery!! You guys will be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I too had a great experience. If you plan on having drugs, it's all worth it. Josie was 8lbs and it was such a neat time during labor with just my hubby and I. You will be fine, and Tyler kept telling me, it doesn't matter, you will make it through this...you don't have a choice at this point.

Holley and Brandon said...

Amy- that is so true. I keep telling myself that I just have to do it, I don't have a choice! And I am definately planning on having an epidural but I think I'm more afraid of that than I am about actually giving birth. I hate needles!

Cami said...

You are getting so close!!! good luck and can't wait to see pictures of the little man!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker