I can't believe Brooks is already one week old! It has been quite an adjustment having a new baby. I definately have not gotten much sleep in the last seven days and that has been the hardest part for me. The first couple of nights home from the hospital were definately the worst. He was pretty much up all night long and on Sunday night he just cried and cried all night. Since then though things have gotten a lot better and he is sleeping more at night which I am grateful for. I am so grateful that my mom has been able to be here to help me out. She loves her grandson so much and it is so sweet to see her with him. He sure loves his grandma! Just a little health update- his jaundice is also getting better. We've been having to keep him on a Bili blanket pretty much since we've been home. We had gotten one from IHC that was just a tiny little pad with lights basically but my awesome brother-in-law Corbin (who sells medical equipment for GE) brought us a much better Bili blanket that was twice as effective (not to mention free!) and a lot more comfy for him and because of that his bilirubin levels have dropped a ton. He is looking and feeling much better and I am so happy about that. It's amazing how much of an emotional roller coaster it is having a new baby. I love him more than I thought possible and I am so paranoid about every little thing. All I want is to make sure he is happy and healthy which so far he seems to be. It is so much fun getting to know his little personality and what he likes and doesn't like. When he's not poopy or hungry he is the chillest little baby in the world. He is so alert and will just lay there and look around at everyone and everything. He has been smiling a lot the past couple of days too which is the cutest thing in the world. I know they say babies don't really smile until they are at least a month old but I swear he already does it. He is also really strong! He can already lift his head up really well and when my mom was giving him a sponge bath the other day he totally locked his legs and was standing there while she washed his back! He loves his changing table too. It's probably the funniest thing ever. Whenever he is fussy all we have to do is lay him on his changing table and he immediately calms down and just looks around his room. I am so grateful to be a mom to this perfect little boy. Brandon and I both are so in love with him and it's hard to imagine what we did without him here. It is so cute to see Brandon with him. Brooks loves his daddy and will just chill with him for hours. Brandon is already such a great dad and I am more in love with him than ever after having gone through this process of having a baby. He has been so amazing and attentive and I am so lucky to be married to him! Alright, enough mushy stuff. As promised, here are a bunch more pictures of our little guy.
This is him on his bili blanket

This is what it looked like in the dark. It reminds Brandon of Superman


Cutest smile in the world!

Looking at boats with dad

I wanted to get a picture of his 3 chins. He has the fattest face already!



His first sponge bath with grandma


Chillin with daddy


I think he totally looks like Brandon here when Brandon sleeps
13 comments:
I LOVE THE PICTURES! He is adorable and I can't wait to see him! I definitely agree that he looks like brandon sleeping in that last picture! We'll see you soon!!
Holley he is so cute! Congrats! I don't like hearing horrible labor stories like you and Andrea had- it scares the crap out of me. But if you say it's worth it... ;-)
Oh he is so cute! You are making me baby hungry! It really is such an emotional roller coaster, but it is so nice to hear your husband is being so supportive. Mine is too and I couldn't do it without him. Now I just want to hold your baby...
Congrats guys. Jaxon had to be on the Bili lights too, it can be stressful. Glad things are going good now. He sure is cute.
He is darling! Congratulations! The first little bit is tough. I bawled the whole car ride home from the hospital (45 minutes because we delivered far away) because I was exhausted and nervous about being a new mom. But the time goes by quickly and you learn that you're not going to mess up your child and that they can survive a lot (even the first time they fall off a chair because you didn't realize they could move like that yet). Whatever age Kaylee is ends up being my new favorite age. It's so fun!
He is so dang cute!!
I know it's soOo late (we just got moved to TX and got internet) but...CONGRATULATIONS!! haha He is too adorable and I'm so happy for you guys!! Not to mention - no more Pregnancy!! He's Here!! haha Best of wishes!! These first few weeks go by waaaay too fast. =)
he's darling holley! congrats!
You guys...he is SO CUTE!!! LOVE the picture of him in his bily blanket! I am sure you are loving parenthood! It is so hard and so wonderful all at the same time, huh? Keep those pictures coming:)
So adorable! I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you guys are adjusting without too much difficulty. I can't wait for this RSV season to be over so that we can all get out and do something together.
Congrats Brandon and Holly! He is so adorable. I can see alot of Brandon in him. We just found out we are having a boy too, so I love seeing him and hearing how fun it is to have a boy. Wish I lived closer so that I could see him.
Yea, congrats. he is adorable. I've enjoyed all the details you give. I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. Make sure you get some pictures of you and Brooks. I have lots of my babies with Rick, but only a few with me. I was always behind the camera. Which brings me to my next point. So, when do I get to shoot this sweet little guy? Anytime time will be great. It should be sooner than later before he's awake too much. Call me. 318-4111. Talk to you soon. Make sure you call cause I need Rick to pay me. I need the cash:) Thanks
Congrats Holly! he's adorable. gosh you had quite the labor experience, so sorry. good thing they make it all worth it right?! love his name too! Hope you are adjusting well,take care
Post a Comment