Friday, March 27, 2009

One Month Old!

So Brooks is officially 5 weeks old as of today. I can't believe it, it seems like it has gone by so fast! It is amazing how much he has changed even in just the last couple of weeks. He is getting so much bigger, it's crazy. He has already outgrown his newborn clothes. Last night we went over to Brandon's brother Jared's house and they had a scale so I decided to weigh him to see how much he's gained. Just a reminder, he weighed 7 lbs 12 oz when he was born but then he lost 10 oz. At his 2 week check-up he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. He now weighs almost 11 lbs! He is becoming a little chunk and I love it! He's starting to get some rolls on his arms and thighs, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Things are also getting a lot better for me. I feel like I'm finally starting to adjust to being a mom and I'm learning what works for him and what doesn't. He still isn't sleeping very well through the night- he wakes up pretty much every 3 hours to eat. But, he's a pretty good napper throughout the day so I have been able to catch up a little on some sleep. He really is such a good boy most of the time. The only times he really full-on cries is if he's hungry or in his carseat. He HATES his carseat which is not good. Sometimes we get lucky and he falls asleep but if he doesn't he just screams at the top of his lungs. When he is awake he is usually really alert and will just look around at everything. He is able to focus on our faces now and I love it when he will just sit and look at me. He has also started to smile the past couple of days and I swear it's not just the gass smiles. He has the cutest little smile I have ever seen! The best is when he laughs in his sleep. I've got to get it on video because it is adorable. He seriously giggles, it's so funny. It is amazing to me how much I love him. He is the sweetest boy in the world and I feel so blessed to be his mom. I am so excited to watch him grow and learn new things. There is honestly nothing better than being a mother and I love every second of it, even the hard times. I really can't imagine our lives without him now that he's here.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the photo shoot we did when he was 3 weeks old.













6 comments:

Annie and Berkeley said...

He is such a handsome boy. Seriously adorable!!

Erin said...

He is so freakin cute! I'm glad you updated. I love all of the pictures. It really is sooooooooooooooo hard to adjust to being a mom plus all the hormones, I was a sobbing mess for a few weeks when Ammon was born. It's hard but so worth it. Glad you are doing well.

Kiley said...

I love the pictures! He is so dang cute holls! I love him!

Dan & Casey Ritter said...

Holley- he is so darn cute! We need to play this summer and with Annie too! I miss you guys!

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

holley! He is soooo beautiful!! Congrats!!!

Janey said...

Oh my lans he is so cute. Awesome pictures! Don't you wish they actually came in a cute basket w/ a "Special Delivery" tag?

I felt a lot better at the one month mark too. This is also when (when he'd wake up in the middle of the night) I'd try rocking him back to sleep instead of feeding him and only change his diaper if he was poopy. He started sleeping at least 6 hours shortly after. Best advice I was given!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker