We had a fun Mother's Day weekend! My mom and step-dad came up to visit. It had been 3 weeks since they had seen Brooks and they were dying at how much he had grown. He sure loves his grandma! We went shopping and Brandon and I got to go on a date Friday night which was so nice. Saturday we went down to Fairview to visit my grandma and Brooks was actually really good. He slept the whole way there and back- we are making progress on the carseat! When we got home I took Brooks swimming for the first time. He absolutely loved it! It is going to be a fun summer and I can't wait to take him again. For Mother's Day Brandon got me some pretty flowers and a book which was so sweet. He also let me take a nap- I got to sleep for 3 glorious hours! We also took Brooks to church for the first time. All I can say is if I get anything out of any of the meetings for the next little while it will be a miracle. He was not a very happy boy, especially during Relief Society. I think my permanent seat will be in the very back right by the door :) After church we went over to Paige and Stenson's and the guys made us dinner. It was SO good, I was very proud and feel like maybe Brandon has been holding out on my with the whole cooking thing. Then later, we went and visited Brandon's mom. I love visiting with her and I love when Brooks gets to spend time with his Grandma Peggy. It was a fun first official Mother's Day! Here are some pictures:
First time swimming



He loves his toys- he also loves it when you snap. Papa Tom was snapping at him and he was so entertained!

Cutest smile in the world!

My handsome boys on Mother's Day

Two weeks ago we went to St. George and Brooks got to meet his best friend Cashy for the first time.

Brooks and Auntie Ki
6 comments:
Why are you wearing a shirt in the pool? I've been swimming with you before and its hard enough for you to keep your top on.
Oh Goodness! I love those first two pictures! What a CUTIE!! I can't wait for him to get bigger and play with Porter! They are gonna be buds!
I am so happy that you had such a great 1st Mother's Day! Little Brooks is getting so big and more and more handsome with every picture! And it is so fun that you guys have gotten to go swimming together!! Emily has only been on a little dip in a bucket, no pools yet! Oh and I totally understand your sentiment about church too! Emily doesn't sleep any during church any more and in RS my permanent seat is right by the door too:) Gotta love it though:)
I love Kiley's comment! That is funny. Your baby boy is so stinkin cute! Swimming for the first time is awesome....He looks so cute!
He is such a cutie!!
Okay, how could I not even know you were pregnant?!? Yay for blogs! Congrats! He is a cutie! And about as big as our "little" boy. Wow.
Post a Comment