Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Big Boys







We did a little impromptu photo shoot yesterday for a present I was putting together for my mom's birthday present.  Don't pay attention to their pants - we were going for upper body shots! I thought they turned out so cute and captured the boys' personalities.  The last picture is my favorite.  Hudson's new trick is to do patty-cake.  He has gotten so good at the "throw it in the oven part" and always throws his hands up in the air.  Then he claps for himself.  He is so funny and SO cute.  I can't believe he is going to be one next month! I really need to do a catch-up post on all the new things he's learned over the past month or two. He's crawling (so fast!), pulling himself up on everything, he waves hi and bye,  says mama and dada really well, and he just got 3 new top teeth! He is still pretty lovey and he likes to give kisses.  He is still very sober and serious any time we are out or around people he doesn't know. Everyone thinks he is such a serious baby but he isn't at all! He just likes to observe and take things in and can't be bothered to smile while he's doing it. He's very smart and such a good baby!
And Brooks is so smart and is growing up so fast.  It has been so fun being here in Cortez - we've made some great friends and so has Brooks.  He loves it and so do we.  He is still obsessed with cars and dinosaurs and he'll even tell you what different kinds of dinosaurs are named. His new love are trains.  He loves Thomas and anything else having to do with trains.  We are taking him this Saturday to ride the train up in Durango and he can't wait. He is so funny and some of things he comes up with... I laugh pretty much all day long!

 **Side story for Grandma C ( I already posted this on Facebook)** During General Conference Brandon and I were trying to watch and pay attention to Elder Nelson's talk.  Brooks kept asking Brandon to play cars and Brandon kept telling him no, that we were watching conference.  Brooks didn't give up and finally Brandon said "No Brooks, we need to listen.  That man up there talking is an apostle." Brooks looked at Elder Nelson and then back at Brandon and said as serious as can be "Oh right Daddy, a dinosaur fossil, right." I thought I was going to die laughing.  Brandon tried to teach him that no, it wasn't dinosaur fossil and he had him say A-POSTLE. Brooks said "A-POSTLE, dinosaur.  Dinosaur fossil." Two year olds are the best!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker