Monday, January 7, 2008

Our First Christmas

Our first Christmas together as a real married couple was so much fun! We spent Christmas with my mom and step-dad and brother's in Colorado. It was pretty low-key, we just hung out most of the time but it was a lot of fun to spend time with my family. Brandon and my step-dad Tom got up really early on Christmas morning and went to look for deer. This is a tradition that Brandon and our brother-in-law Stenson have started doing every Christmas morning. They didn't see any deer but they still had fun. They didn't get home until 9:00 am so we all had to wait for them to open presents, which was fine because I love being able to sleep-in, even on Christmas! We got some pretty cool stuff. My mom and step-dad got us a Bose Ipod dock which is awesome. Brandon got me some really cute clothes and some new scriptures which I loved! For those of you who know me you know I am obsessed with shopping and I haven't shopped for myself since we got married so getting new clothes was great! Brandon did such a good job picking them out- he's the best husband ever! I got him an under-water camera for when he goes ice fishing and he was very excited! After Christmas dinner my mom, Tom, Brandon, and I went to see National Treasure which was really fun. We had to leave the next morning so Brandon could be back for work but even though it was a short trip we had a lot of fun with my family!
This is our christmas tree




This is the stocking my mother-in-law made me- she is amazing!


This was at our Christensen family party


Opening presents Christmas morning


I love my cute husband!

4 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

holley,
it looks like you had a fun christmas! how long has your mom been married and in colorado? good for her. Its so fun to see what you are up to.

Erin said...

So fun! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out and go on double dates now that my baby is a little older. You guys are so cute! I'm so glad you started a blog so I can see what you are up to.

Erin said...

I know I already left a comment but that stocking is amazing- what a neat thing to do for your family!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Cute pictures Holley! You and Brandon are a cute couple.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker