Monday, July 21, 2008
Sickness
I decided I needed a new post because everytime I look at my page and see the Prego spaghetti sauce, I gag. I am so sick of being sick! Honestly, I've been pretty lucky because I haven't actually thrown up all that much but I am just constantly nauseaous from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at night. I can't even brush my teeth without gagging. Basically the only relief I have is when I'm sleeping! More than anything, I feel bad for Brandon. He has had to deal with me feeling sick and tired all the time and not wanting to do anything. He even had to change the soap he uses because it made me sick. I haven't been able to clean or cook for the longest time because the smells of things make it so much worse. Basically, he hasn't had a wife for the past month. He has been nothing but sympathetic and understanding and I am so grateful for that but I know it's hard on him. So all you mothers out there, please tell me there is a light at the end of this horrible tunnel! Any tips on how to help with the nausea (please don't mention crackers because those make me sick too!)would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this doesn't last that much longer- I'm about 10 weeks so lets all pray that it goes away after the first trimester!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I am so sorry! My husband didn't have a wife for the first 4 months of our marriage because we had a honeymoon baby. The poor guy was probably wondering what he'd gotten himself into. Most likely it'll be over for you in the first trimester.
I'm not really sure what advice I can give. I lived off of Jamba Juice and the Kirkland brand of Slim Fast for awhile because that's all that sounded good. I found that if I had one of those first thing in the morning it helped. I'd always throw up if I didn't eat soon enough and I'd feel even worse the rest of the day.
I also got trail mix that I could munch on all day. And I tried gingerale and gingersnaps. I don't know if they helped or not. I was pretty much sick no matter what.
My sister-in-law has found that the biggest thing that helps her is if she takes her vitamin and gets a ton of sleep each night.
Good luck!
Wow, that sounds exactly familiar. I was sick all day (worse in the morning and at night). I rarely threw up too, but always felt like I needed to! I threw up once in a parking lot, and twice Mark had to pull over in a neighborhood so I could throw up, lol. None of the foods or drinks recommended by books or people helped. The only things that sounded good was cold fruit or veggies, and ice water. And I wouldn't let Mark use a certain cologne and we had to change our body wash and shampoo, haha (now I don't like citrus scented soaps). I didn't cook or clean either and I didn't care about anything. I just wanted to sit on the couch all day! I did take a prescription pill and B-6 (or B-12 I can't remember) at night and it seemed to help morning sickness for an hour or so, so ask your doctor if he can prescribe something. I'm so sorry you are going through it too! It's the worst! Mine went completely away at about 17 weeks, some people say 12-15 weeks. The 2nd trimester was awesome. Good luck and I don't think I was much help!
HOLY COW!! CONGRATS!!!! I am soooo excited for you!!! Wow I can't use enough exclamation marks!!!!! That sucks that you're so sick, but it will all be worth it in the end. How sweet. You're gonna have a baby :)
Yeah I agree, it sucks!!! But... most people start feeling better at 12 weeks (I did). My advice... eat whatever sounds good, whenever it sounds good. If that makes any sense??? I didn't throw up alot either but just felt like I was going to all the time. Good Luck, it will go away soon!
HI! This is Holly Gray (Gentry). Brandon and I grew up in the same ward in Charlottesville, and I have been keeping up with your blog. I am about 16 weeks pregnant, and for the first 12-13 weeks I was super sick, nauseated mostly~felt like the world was spinning around me~ one thing that really helped me were these things called "Sea Bands". You can buy them at Target or Walmart for like $8! Totally worth the money, they "usually" knocked out the nauseousness enough to where I could at least move around. I only had to miss 1.5 days of work, thanks to these wonderful bands! Best of luck to you both! If you ever want to check out our blog feel free http://micahandholly2005.blogspot.com/
~Holly Gray (Gentry)
Holley, I'm so sorry that you are sick! Don't worry I totally know! The pill I've been taking is called ZOFRAN. IT seriously works wonders. I just try to take 1/2 twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, then I take a phenergan at night to help me sleep through the night without waking up to be nauseated. See if your doctor will call some in for you. The problem is you have to have insurance that will cover it because it's like 40 buck for one pill of Zofran. Let me know if you get any relief!
Congratulations Holley! I found you through some friends. That is so exciting for you. I can't relate however, I finally got pregnant by doing acupuncture and when I got sick I went back and was treated for morning sickness and I never got sick. It was way worth it and very relaxing. Good luck with whatever you try, I think everyone is different.
Post a Comment