
Our little buddy just turned 8 months old! I can't even believe how fast time seems to be going. He is getting so big (he's already wearing size 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers) and has learned so many new things even in just the past month. Because he's 8 months old, here are 8 funny things about Brooks:
1) He has learned to "crawl". He doesn't crawl on his knees yet (although he gets up on them and will rock back and forth) but he pulls himself using his arms and his toes.
2) He says "dada" non-stop. He can say "mama" too but usually only does if he's sad or mad.
3) He is obsessed with shoes and he can always find them. If they are on the floor, no matter how hard we try and hide them, he gets them every time.

4) His favorite toy right now is a white plastic spoon. He carries it with him wherever he goes as he scoots himself around on the floor. Sometimes he'll throw it and then scoot to it and pick it up.
5) He is such a cuddler when he's tired (but only when he's tired). He will always just lay his head on my shoulder and put his arms around my neck and then he will start to hum to himself. It is the cutest thing!

6) He has started to mimic different things we do. He'll mimic different sounds we make and he'll even match the tone that we say them in. He will also shake his head no. He does that on his own mostly but if we do it, he will copy us.

7) He hates it when we try to touch his face. That includes wiping it after he eats, putting shirts on, putting lotion on it, and even putting his bib on. Any time we do any of those things, or even if he only thinks we're going to, he will spit at us. It's pretty funny. On the other hand, he still loves sleeping with the blanket over his face.
8) He loves the kitchen floor. His favorite thing to do is scoot over to the edge where the carpet meets the linolium and he will just smack it with his hand and laugh at himself. He loves anything that makes noise like that, especially if he can make it himself. He loves the vents around the house for this reason.
He got his legs stuck under the TV stand so he just laid there and watched TV for awhile. I thought it was funny.
Those are just a few of the funny things he does right now. He is such a fun and happy little guy! I love this stage, even though the whole mobility thing is a pain sometimes. I just love watching him figure out how to do things. He is a curious little man and is learning new things so fast. Brandon and I feel so blessed to be his parents and we love him so much!


5 comments:
What a cutie!! Nothing better than a chubby baby, I love it. My email address is tlightfield@hotmail.com. I just started a blog recently too, ours is, lysagerlife.blogspot.com
He is SO darling! I love his chub!
He is so cute! I had to laugh about the size 4 diapers cuz my two year old is still wearing size 3. She's tiny though. haha
What a Cutie! I love that last picture of him in front of the TV. That is crazy that he is in Size 4 diapers!!!
So dang cute! I can't wait to see him next week. He is adorable and so big!! He and Aiden might just beat up on my little Asa. Oh well, it will toughen him up.
Post a Comment